Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crafty Times Call For Craft Measures

I have a Christmas apron that my mother gave me a few years ago that I pulled out the other week and strapped on for the first time this season.  Well let me tell you I should have put it on a month ago.  This apron seemed to shift everything, I had been feeling overwhelmed and when I feel overwhelmed I tend to not want to do anything.  Once that apron was on there was no stopping me by the end of the first day my house was spotless and I mean spotless.  Our house remains nice and clean which is the way I like it, it puts me in a good mood and motivates me to do more when our sweet little house is clean.  The only thing that is "messy" is our dining room table which has been transformed into a craft table and that is the way I like it, we have been crafting, baking and making memories, its all Christmas all the time in this household.  I take the job of making Christmas memories for my Children very seriously and we have been making many wonderful ones.




We had a girls night and while I was downstairs getting dinner ready the girls were upstairs getting their stage ready and I was treated to a grand performance including a red carpet leading to the stage.

 
The audience


 
An easy craft, a foam ornament with sequence glued all over
I told Quinn my apron gives me super powers and that is why I was able to get so much done, she loved the idea and was more then thrilled to strap on her own and enjoy some of the power
 
Peppermint Oreo Cookies

One of the gifts that we are making is a Sea Salt Scrub.  All you need is 1 cup of Sea Salt, 1/2 cup of Grapeseed Oil and 10 drops of Essential Oils, you can find all three items at any grocery store.  The containers I bought at the dollar store and I like because they can stand up straight or be tilted.  For the tags I used a piece of card stock, stamps, markers, ribbon and some curved scissors.


Another gift we are making is personal chalk boards.  We purchased the Canvases at Walmart in a pack of three, one coat of primer, about 3 coats of chalkboard paint.  On the back I glued a piece of ribbon so the board can be hung up and I also glued on a piece of scrapbook paper to make it a little prettier.

I am loving my "super powers" that this apron is giving me and I plan on wearing it a little everyday as we enjoy our final count down to Christmas. 

2 comments:

Jennifer and Richard said...

Love the pictures! they look so professional!

The Keatings ... said...

Thanks Jennifer :)